Thomas J. Smialowicz | Vice President, Management Consulting
As the Vice President of Oxford, Thomas is an experienced professional with expertise centered on management consulting and the delivery of Chief Information Officer services. Thomas’ experience directly supports Oxford’s core support and delivery practice specialization of: IT strategy, capital planning and investment control, enterprise architecture, system development management, IT security, project management office support, and document management services. Thomas has extensive experience with successful business and technology consulting engagements for numerous federal cabinet-level agencies. Thomas holds an M.S. in Engineering Management from George Washington University, a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Lehigh University, and is a certified Project Management Professional.
- Oxford Government Consulting, Vice President: principal consultant for OCIO services. Leads management consulting and supports business operations for growing company with 130+ employees. Leads Department of Labor Programs. Delivered DOL IT Strategic Plan, EA Roadmap, and Shared Services Strategy for the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
- Unisys Corporation: Director, Information Technology: Provided integrated budget, investment, performance, and enterprise architecture expertise to the Program Manager, Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE) for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to drive PM-ISE priorities and objectives in support of federal-wide initiatives to enhance counter-terrorism information sharing and safeguarding amongst federal, state, and local partners.
- Unisys Corporation, Senior Manager: Project manager for the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) Program Management Office within the Office of E-Government and Information Technology at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Key advisor for the development of FEA policy initiatives, such as the EA Assessment Framework, Consolidated FEA Reference Model, FEA Practice Guidance and EA Segment Reports. Provided EA analysis and support for the assessment of agency Enterprise Architectures.
- Unisys Corporation, Project Manager: Task and technical lead for installation and hosting services for the Department of Homeland Security’s Investment Management System. Prepared documentation and performed testing for adherence to the SDLC and Certification & Accreditation processes. Provided expertise to assist DHS with the customization of the system to meet all federal requirements and industry best practices.
- Booz Allen and Hamilton, Associate: Task lead for the development and execution of DOL’ IT Capital Planning process. Provided guidance and review of IT investment business cases for performance measurement, EVM, and alternatives/risk analysis. Integrated the IT CPIC process within all CIO role frameworks.
Areas of Expertise
- IT Strategy
- Project Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Capital Planning Investment Control
- Project Management Office Support
- Public Affairs
- IT Governance
- IT Security
- Software Development Life Cycle Management
- Intelligence Community
- Project Management Professional – PMI
- M.S., Engineering Management George Washington University
- B.S., Industrial Engineering Lehigh University